Riva Degli Etruschi Via della Principessa 120 , 57027 San Vincenzo (LI) Phone +39 0565/7199
S3P-2018 will be hosted in in San Vincenzo (Livorno), beautifully located at the sandy beach of the Tyrrhenian Sea, with lectures given in the Congress Center of Riva degli Etruschi Resort (https://www.rivadeglietruschi.it/en)
The venue of the Summer School, San Vincenzo, is located in the middle of the Etruscan Coast, a long narrow stretch of coastline along Tuscany’s coast that goes from Livorno to Piombino. The name of this beautiful coastal area is tied to the presence of the Etruscan civilization that inhabited this area from the start of the 9th century BC (way before the Romans), as so many archeological sites demonstrate today. Riva degli Etruschi Resort is immersed in a 320,000 m2 park, with a pinewood of Mediterranean vegetation that reaches the beach, approximately one kilometre long, made of fine sand.
Riva degli Etruschi Resort is 3 km away from San Vincenzo City centre & train station.
How to Get There
- From Florence and the North, take the A12 Genova-Rosignano motorway, and at the end of the motorway take the SS1 “Aurelia” coast road signed to Rome, and then turn off either at the “San Vincenzo nord” or the “San Vincenzo sud” exit.
- If you are approaching from Siena or from the south, take the SS1 “Aurelia” coast road in the direction signed to Livorno direction, and then turn off either at the “San Vincenzo nord” or the “San Vincenzo sud” exit.
- The San Vincenzo railway station is in the town centre and is well served by regional and long distance trains. The station belongs to the line Firenze-Pisa-Roma; so if you are travelling from Florence or Pisa, take a train directed to Roma, or if you are travelling up from the south, take a train directed to Pisa.
- The trip is 1 hour from Pisa, 2 hours from Florence, 3 hours from Rome
- Timetable of the train can be found here: www.trenitalia.com
- The G. Galilei international airport of Pisa (https://www.pisa-airport.com/) is at a distance of no more than 70 km from San Vincenzo. When arrived at the airport, you can take the People Mover that goes to the Pisa Centrale train station, and from there take a train to San Vincenzo (Note that you can buy a single ticket for People Mover + train). Otherwise, you can rent a car, and arrive in San Vincenzo in 1 hour.
- The A. Vespucci international airport of Florence (http://www.aeroporto.firenze.it/en) is at 140 km from San Vincenzo. When arrived at the airport, you can take ta bus that goes to the Firenze Santa Maria Novella train station, and from there take a train to San Vincenzo (in some cases, you will need to change train in Pisa). Otherwise, you can rent a car, and arrive in San Vincenzo in less than 2 hours.
From San Vincenzo railway station / city centre to Riva degli Etruschi
The resort is 3 km away from San Vincenzo City centre & train station, here the path:
Otherwise you can take a public bus, here the bus stops are highlighted. You can find the timetable here .